[vox-tech] NFS Mounting Error - Solved (sort of)

Chris Jenks jenks at resonance.org
Sat Dec 4 14:55:52 PST 2004

On Sat, 4 Dec 2004, Chris Jenks wrote:

> A google search revealed that nfsservctl is a "syscall interface to kernel
> nfs daemon." Command number 0 means "This is a server process," while command
> number 0x1 means "Add an NFS client." I suspect that my kernel configuration
> is at fault. I'll look at it.

   I recompiled the 2.6.8 kernel for the NFS server and selected NFS and
the NFS server to be compiled directly into the kernel, rather than built
as loadable modules as I had previously. Upon reboot I can mount the NFS
from the client machine with no error. One hint I had to try this was that
when I tried to modprobe nfsd with the old kernel, I got an error about
lockd not being able to allocate memory. I don't know why building NFS
into the kernel fixed it.

   Yours,

     Chris