[vox-tech] lucifer and cpuburn

Shwaine shwaine at shwaine.com
Thu Dec 2 10:42:21 PST 2004

On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 luke at prgmr.com wrote:

> I am attempting to run a burn-in test on a bunch of 3G p4 xeons.  Memtest
> reports no errors, but if I run cpuburn in the background, and lucifer in the
> foreground, I get 32 errors overnight.    I get exactly the same number of
> errors on all 6 test computers.  testing several working desktops, I see that
> they all also have errors.
>
> Is all my hardware messed up? or am I doing something wrong?
>
> I'm using lucifer and burnP6 of a knoppix rescue cd.

Statistically speaking, it's highly improbable that so many machines would
have the exact same errors. I would say it's more likely to be something
about the combo of the two programs, but I've not run them to have
personal experience. But I seriously doubt it's the hardware, so the
machines are probably fine.