[vox-tech] Relocation errors and dynamic symbols

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Wed Dec 1 10:44:21 PST 2004

On Wed, 1 Dec 2004, Ken Herron wrote:

> Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
> > The only method I can think of is using ldd to get a list of all the
> > libraries, use objdump on each of the individual libraries, and grep through
> > each individual list.  A real pita.  I was hoping there was an easier way.
>
> That's essentially how to do it, although it'd be much easier to use nm
> on the library rather than objdump.

Since object names are resolved in the order they are encountered in the
libraries, some care would have to be taken to reproduce the resolution
sequence used by the loader.  It seems like this would be a useful
commandline option for ldd, but I am not in a position to explore this
right now.

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing