[vox-tech] gcc 3.3 woes debian sarge (testing) on ppc

Ken Bloom kabloom at ucdavis.edu
Sun Aug 29 16:16:53 PDT 2004

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 16:09:26 -0700
dylan <dylan at iici.no-ip.org> wrote:

> (also posted to debian-ppc)
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I recently installed sarge testing onto my powerbook G3. (which
> previously ran woody/stable quite well, albeit with old packages..)
>
> i have most things working, however there seems to be no compiler!
> I noticed that when i installed that there was no option for
> development stuff
> in tasksel... could this have been forshadowing of what was to come?
>
> i noticed that gcc-3.3-base was installed, but the actual compiler
> collection
> was not..
>
> so after an apt-get install gcc-3.3 i am left with a bunch of dpkg
> errors...

The #debian topic on freenode is has a message about this error right
now.

Copied from the topic:

| BROKEN: gcc (#268338) use apt-get -o DPkg::Options="--force-overwrite"
install gcc; libapr0 (#266165) |

Affects sarge, but not sid. see http://bugs.debian.org/268338 for more
information, but the information from the topic should be all you need.

My key was last signed 08/18/2004. If you use GPG *please* see me about