Fwd: Re: [vox-tech] debian woody to sarge upgrade = dead xserver: solved

David Hummel dhml at comcast.net
Thu Aug 26 13:49:13 PDT 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 01:36:51PM -0700, ashleigh smythe wrote:

> For those of you who were following and helping out with my saga of
> upgrading woody to sarge, I wanted to let you know that the problem is
> solved.  I resorted to a fresh install of sarge
[snip]

Glad you're up and running Ashleigh, but sorry you had to resort to a
fresh install.

It would be helpful to hear from others who have upgraded from woody to
sarge.  I too was under the impression that editing
/etc/apt/sources.list, and then:

$ apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade

would be all that's required.  Is this in fact how others have
successfully done this upgrade?  Are there any other gotchas that people
have encountered in doing this?

Thanks,

David Hummel