[vox-tech] problem solved!

Peter Jay Salzman p at dirac.org
Wed Aug 25 09:54:18 PDT 2004

On Wed 25 Aug 04,  9:44 AM, Henry House <@.> said:
> På onsdag, 25 augusti 2004, skrev Nick Schmalenberger:
>
> [...]
> > Stuff like this happened to me all the time when I was
> > running Windows. I don't think it is a problem with apt-get specifically
> > but with any opaque utility. With apt-get and with Microsoft Windows you
> > just have to trust it to do the right thing, and a lot of the time, it
> > doesn't. That is a lot of why I switched to Linux.
> [...]
>
> Frustrating! Note however that most Debian maintainers are responsive to
> bug reports. If something is broken, they genuinely want to fix it.

and even if they genuinely DON'T want to fix it (there are certainly
maintainers like that), often non-maintainers will upload an updated or fixed
version of the package by what's known as an NMU - a non-maintainer upload.

Happens all the time.  You usually don't have to wait very long for something
to get fixed with Debian unstable or testing.  You can help make Debian even
better than it already is by filing a bug report.

                  apt-get install reportbug

Pete