[vox-tech] LAN pcmcia card is inaccessable in socket 1

Kevin Murakoshi kevin.murakoshi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 24 23:36:57 PDT 2004

Now off the top of my head i'm not sure how to fix this, but it seems
that your machine is getting the card locations mixed up. It says that
the first slot has a NE2000 compatible, but you said that there is a
3com card there. This may be why the second card is not detecting.

Also, if you put another kind of pcmcia card in does it identifiy them
correctly or do you have the same problem?

I remember having a problem like this with a laptop a long time ago,
but i seem to have forgotten how I fixed it. Maybe someone else will
know. (I think it had something to do with doing something at the boot
prompt, but i don't remember)

--kevin