[vox-tech] Permissions mysteriously changed

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Tue Aug 17 13:58:45 PDT 2004

A user came to me today and told me that he was unable to open or edit a
couple of his files.  I went in to look and saw that the permissions on
the files in question were set to 000, so that the directory entry looked
like this:

---------- 1 joe webdev 152 Aug 13 15:27 img1.jpg
---------- 1 joe webdev 152 Aug 13 15:28 img2.jpg

I went ahead and reset the permissions to 766 but I'm puzzled as to what
could have caused this change to happen in the first place.

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)