[vox-tech] Generating the Klingon (tlh) locale?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Aug 17 00:36:56 PDT 2004

So, I discovered Melissa has a copy of The Klingon Dictionary, so I
translated some of the most basic strings in Tux Paint to romanized
Klingon.  (e.g., everyone's favorite: "Qapla'")

I discovered that there's even an 'official' locale for Klingon, "tlh"
(it used to be "i-klingon", but that's been deprecated).
(FYI, "tlh" is for "tlhIngan HoL", which means "Klingon language")

Anyway, unfortunately, Debian's Testing branch seems to be sorely lacking
this locale, so 'gettext()' fails to let Tux Paint 'switch' to it.  (Do'Ha')

I was wondering if anyone here's familiar enough with locale creation to
help me generate it, because jIHtaHbogh naDev vISovbe' (I'm lost!)  ;^)

Thank you  (SoH tlho'),

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            "Roses are red, violets are blue,
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/      all of my base are belong to you."