[vox-tech] PHP/Apache issues (on Windoze, sorry)

Richard Crawford rscrawford at mossroot.com
Sun Aug 15 21:01:46 PDT 2004

I've installed Apache 1.3.31 on PHP 4.3.8 on my Windows XP computer, and
created a test.php file which contains just phpinfo().  When I try to
open this file by going to localhost/test.php in Firefox, I do not get
my PHP page; instead I get a dialog box asking me what to do with a PHP
type file.  Annoyingly, it works fine when I use IE.  When I run
c:/php/php c:/website/test.php from the Cygwin command line, I get a
full page of HTML output as expected.  I can browse to .html files just
fine.

I'm sure I've configured my php.ini and httpd.conf files appropriately
according to all of the instructions, but cannot find any errors.  My
error_log file reveals nothing of interest.

Any thoughts?

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford (http://www.mossroot.com AIM: Buffalo2K)