[vox-tech] DVD authoring under Linux

R. Douglas Barbieri doug at dooglio.net
Sun Aug 15 00:41:51 PDT 2004

Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 13, 2004 at 09:18:55AM -0400, Peter Jay Salzman wrote:
>
>>I'm talking about real DVD authoring.
>

> Doug Barbieri :)

Eeek! My ears are burning. :-)

Well, it's been a while since I've done any dvd authoring. Now my wife
uses a Mac + DVD StudioPro (and she's a lot happier than with the
DVD-authoring offerings on Windows). :-)

I have experience with DVDAuthor. It was a little difficult to use
largely because it was sparsely documented (and so is the DVD standard).
  However, one project which looks really promising is QDVDAuthor
(http://qdvdauthor.sourceforge.net/). I remember seeing the project when
it first started out at like version 0.0.1, and it's at alpha 0.0.7 now.
The screen shots look great, anyway!