[vox-tech] DVD authoring under Linux

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Aug 13 08:14:55 PDT 2004

Quoting Peter Jay Salzman (p at dirac.org):

> I was wondering if there was anybody in LUGOD who also plays around
> with DVD authoring.  Not just burning --- I'm talking about real DVD
> authoring.
>
> I'd like to know if there's anybody I can compare notes with.

Not me, but I have a couple of HOWTOs on that subject at
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Apps/AudioVideo/ , including one by my friend
Ross Bernheim, who decided to build a cheap Duron system to master his
own video DVDs.  I helped him with the hardware end of that, and he
figured out the software part for himself.

When you read his HOWTO, you'll note that he mentions a "Dazzle" A/D
converter device aka DV bridge.  It does work OK, but my wife says that
it's generally conceded by people who do these things frequently that
similar models from Canopus are a bit better.

Article:  http://www.simplydv.co.uk/advc100.html

--
Cheers,                   The cynics among us might say:   "We laugh,
Rick Moen                 monkeyboys -- Linux IS the mainstream UNIX now!