[vox-tech] HIGHMEM enabled kernel

Karalius, Joseph Joseph.Karalius at seminis.com
Thu Aug 12 14:35:28 PDT 2004

Linux is to use
> Google.  And then use the mailing list as a resource to help you
> understand or implement whatever it is you find on Google.

Believe me, Google has taught me far more about Linux than any other
resource.  I Googled for hours on this eth0 problem and admittedly not as
much on the HIGHMEM issue.  I just threw that out there because I was
reminded of it from reading the dmesg output.  LUGOD has been very valuable
to me and I believe it played a big part in my fledgling career in
bionformatics.  True, it is a pain in the ass to wait for answers and I
hesitate to post questions to the list that expose my lack of knowledge,
therefore Google is a first resort.  Especially since every post becomes
part of the permenent record of the Internet.  I've run across old questions
of mine that are simply embarrassing to me today.  I'm sure I'll be
embarrassed about these current questions sometime down the road, but not
today.

I appreciate the help I'm receiving from everyone and don't mind a little
abuse now and again. ;-)

Joey