[vox-tech] oracle -> MySQL conversion

matthewlange vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 28 Apr 2004 16:17:49 -0700

Dylan, Definitely Postgres.

You may not need the functionality now, but you may want it in the
future.

BTW, I am new to the group...just signed-up yesterday. You all are very
nice to each other...I am soo impressed.

I have been a DBA/architect for last several years with a giant evil
corporation...using all of the major closed and open source RDBMSs i.e.
Postgres, MySQL, Oracle...but mainly, (eeek!) MSSQL

..so I have to admit that my Linux skills overall are pretty shameful.

..but my skills are getting outsourced to India--time for me to start
my own thing (YAY!...hopefully w/more open source focus, and help from
you lot!)

Your pesticide thing sounds interesting...(I luv pesticide data!!)  We
should talk off line.  It probably won't take more than a couple cups of
coffee to get this done...but probably more than we want to do on this
list...although we can post our conclusions.

Cheers, and good luck if I don't hear from you. {and apologies for the
ramble to the rest.}

Matthew