[vox-tech] TASM-compatible 6502 cross assmbler for Linux?

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 25 Apr 2004 00:57:02 -0700

I got a couple of cool new toys for my Atari 8-bit computer today.
One is a replacement for some aging (10-year-old!) cables that let
me boot my Atari off of a PC.

The other is a flash memory cartridge that I can place files or disk images
on, allowing the Atari to boot right off the cartridge.

The cartridge is re-programmed right on the Atari.  There's software that
creates a bootable disk image containing the data I want to write to the
flash cartridge, and the necessary code to actually do it.
(The aforementioned adapter comes in handy to boot the disk image.)

The disk image is created by a Perl script (so it runs on Linux!), however
it assumes TASM (a shareware 6502 cross-compiler for DOS/Windows) is
available.

Does anyone here know if there's something similar/compatible to TASM
available for Linux?  I'm not having the best luck Google'ing right now.
(Mark Kim, you out here? ;^) )

Thx!

-bill!
PS - Also got two other goodies for my Atari the other day.  One is an
     EXCELLENT clone of the arcade game "Warlords."  The other is called
     the "Stelladapter," and lets me hook up Atari 8-bit joysticks and paddles
     to a PC's USB port for use in emulators (and elsewhere; it's just
     an HID joystick, so far as the OS is concerned!)  :^)