[vox-tech] monitor troubles

Jennifer Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:45:53 -0700

I found the /etc/X11/XF86Config file and edited a few times.  Here is
the most recent one that I tried:

Section "Screen"

    Identifier    "Screen0"
    Device    "VideoCard0"
    Monitor    "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth 16
    SubSection "Display"
        Depth        16
        Modes        "1024x768"
    EndSubsection
    SubSection "Display"
    Depth        24
        Modes        "1024x768"
    EndSubSection
EndSection

When I restart X, I don't get any errors but the screen is still the
same size.

Is there a tool I can use to figure out the amount of video RAM or do I
have to look for manuals that might list that?
Thanks for all the help,

Jennifer