[vox-tech] monitor troubles

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 21 Apr 2004 12:08:48 -0700 (PDT)

You're gonna have to edit the configuration file with a text editor.  The
file is probably called /etc/X11/XF86Config-4, or possibly
/etc/X11/XF86Config.  If you have both, use the former if it's available,
latter otherwise.

In that file, there should be several lines that looks like this or
something similar:

          Modes       "640x480"

Change them to read:

          Modes       "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"

Then save the file, and restart X.  Hopefully that works.  If it doesn't,
then we got a little more head scratching to do...

-Mark