[vox-tech] Mailman question

Dave Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 20 Apr 2004 10:33:13 -0700

Hello,

I'm trying to configure Mailman (ver. 2.1.3) to be as simple as a
one-way mailing list as possible.  I'd like to allow the owner to send
monthly newsletter style messages to the mailing list.  I want users to
be able to subscribe/unsubscribe per normal.

So far I've figured everything I want out except for the most obvious
thing: turning the ability for the subscribers to send messages to the
list...  I'm combing through the options and I know I'm missing
something easy.  Or, perhaps, since Mailman is designed to be more
discussion oriented, the option I'm looking for is not there and I
should use another (probably simpler) tool?

I understand that I can make it so that all posts need to be approved by
the owner, but that could turn out to be a lot of annoyance for the
owner (not me) if a lot of people try to post.  I'd also be nice if it
was obvious that it wasn't a public list from the user's perspective (I
suppose I can add a note about this to the public html pages myself).

Thanks in advance for your time,
Dave