[vox-tech] missing png thumbnails

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 14 Apr 2004 00:40:09 -0700

On Tue, Apr 13, 2004 at 11:15:23PM -0700, Trevor M. Lango wrote:

> When I enable previews in the Konqueror browser, thumbnails appear for
> all the images I have in a particular directory except for the png
> filetype - anyone know how this happens?

Stab in the dark, but how large are these files?  You can limit Konqueror
to only bother thumbnailing files of a certain size or smaller (e.g., 1.0MB)

Otherwise, I see no options (in KDE 3.2.0) for tweaking previewing of
images by image file type (e.g., PNG vs JPG vs GIF vs...), so perhaps it's
a libPNG issue?

If you try to view the PNG within Konqueror, does it work???

Good luck!

-bill!