[vox-tech] Solved: USB multi-format flash card reader

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 11 Apr 2004 21:59:42 -0700

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

A while ago I asked for help with a USB 7-in-one flash device reader that d=
id
not work properly under kernel 2.4.24 on a machine with an OHCI USB
controller. I am happy to report that it does work now under kernel 2.6.3,
presumably due to improved drivers in the new kernel.  (I have yet to switch
permanently to kernel 2.6.3 on the machine in question because GPM
mysteriously no longer shares the mouse properly with X under 2.6.3 on the
machine in question.) Also, a different machine with a UHCI controller and
kernel 2.4.25 interfaces properly with the flash reader. Kernel 2.4.25 on t=
he
first machine (with OHCI controller) did not work.

Is anyone else annoyed that USB mass storage devices appear as SCSI disks? =
It
is quite a bother when you also have real SCSI disks in your machine. Still,
I can use my flash reader now, so I am happy.

--=20
Henry House
The unintelligible text that may follow is a digital signature.=20
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> for information.  My OpenPGP key:
<http://hajhouse.org/hajhouse.asc>.

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz

--3V7upXqbjpZ4EhLz--