[vox-tech] comcast broadband DNS

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 7 Apr 2004 21:06:53 -0700

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

On Tue, Apr 06, 2004 at 11:55:41PM -0700, dylan wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the ideas.
>=20
> perhaps a little more explanation is in order:
>=20
> 1. this is for a computer network in fresno (my parents)
> 2. they have a linksys router that does its job of sending this informati=
on
> over to the LAN machines via DHCP.
> 3. i needed to give one of the machines a static IP, so that i could forw=
ard
> specific ports to that machine alone, however i could not figure out what
> the name servers were for comcast. this made setting up a static IP
> difficult, but in the end i used a public name server.
>=20
> i will check in the router config, perhaps this will make everything ok!
>=20
> thanks again!
>=20
> dylan
>=20

You can get the information you're looking for from one of the other
computers hooked up by DHCP. If it's linux, you'll find that in their
/etc/resolv.conf, and if it's windows 9x/ME, you can get it by running
winipcfg, and if it's windows NT/2k/XP, you can get it by running
"ipconfig /all" in a windows command prompt.

--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf

--J2SCkAp4GZ/dPZZf--