[vox-tech] mobo bios upgrades

Dave Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 06 Apr 2004 11:57:58 -0700

I've used the method mentioned below recently (copy awflash.exe and
mybiosupgrade.bin onto any existing dos bootable floppy - e.g. win95/98
bootdisk).  Also, I've had to download an .exe file that needed to be
run from a windows machine with a floppy drive installed.  This created
a bootable floppy that automagically did everything (after a few
confirmations).  I used VMWare, WinXP over Linux, to create the latter
boot floppy because (ironically) two attempts to make the same floppy on
my windows machine at work failed.

For every machine I've ever upgraded the bios on, I've never needed a
Windows-only app to do so.

dave m.