[vox-tech] konqueror fish preserve date

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 5 Apr 2004 16:30:15 -0700

On Mon, Apr 05, 2004 at 03:54:46PM -0700, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> I'm looking forward to Bill's KDE presentation tomorrow, where I hope to
> pick up all kinds of useful tidbits!

Hehe...  I hope I'm prepared enough!  A lot of the things I'm talking about
are new to me, so I won't be able to speak with much 'inside-knowledge'!

For example, just yesterday I learned how to add a new 'Action' item to
Konqueror, which I will demonstrate tomorrow.  But don't ask for the
technical details, cuz I don't know them yet! :^)

This will be a VERY basic presentation.  Kind of a "sales pitch" on KDE,
showing off all of the cool features that even common Linux users might not
be familiar with (e.g, >I< wasn't, til recently!)

> But I have a burning question right now about the fish kio plugin.  When
> used with konqueror, it is a very convenient way to transfer files over
> ssh.  However, the date stamp of the files are not preserved upon
> transfer.  Does anyone know a way to change this behavior?  I know how
> to preserve the date with rsync, but for simple stuff I love drag-and-drop.

OOh, hehe... see, I only barely played with FISH so far, so I didn't even
notice this. :^)

-bill!