[vox-tech] One more problem - masquerading

Doctorcam vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 4 Apr 2004 00:38:14 -0800

* MB (sparkynine@yahoo.com) wrote:
> Cam,
>
> Can you post the command (rule) that you are using to set the
> forwarding?  i.e.
>
> ${IPTABLES} -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s ${subnet} -o ${INET_IFACE} -j
> MASQUERADE

I have been using

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERADE.

but one of the HOWTOs suggested

iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -s 192.168.1.2/32 -j MASQUERADE

and I did this.  I see no evidence of this in iptables -L, and it was
done too recently to know how stable it is.

The problem of accessing the internet seems now to be resolved.  For
some reason when I did the installation, there was no resolv.conf
created.

Thanks for taking an interest.

Cam

--