[vox-tech] serendipity with vim

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 2 Apr 2004 07:44:43 -0800

In sed, one can delete every line matching a pattern with the command
"/pattern/d". In vi, using the analagous command ":/pattern/d" only deletes
the first line that matches the pattern. How do you delete all the lines
that match the pattern? ":g/pattern/d"   (:g[lobal] lets you apply an ex
command to every line matching a pattern)