cd/dvd burning remotely (was Re: [vox-tech] IDE cdrw/dvdrw)

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 1 Apr 2004 16:49:52 -0800

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:28:46PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 01, 2004 at 03:10:41PM -0800, Ken Bloom wrote:
> >=20
> > You wouldn't be restricted in speed because he's not going to store the=
 ISO=20
> > on the network - he's going to construct the ISO on the computer with t=
he =20
> > cd burner.
>=20
> Well, I imagine I would /construct/ the ISO locally, and then say
> "take this ISO and go burn it on the computer next to me."
>=20
> Of course, that would mean sending large chunks (if not 100%) of the
> ISO over to the remote computer before actually starting the burn.
>=20
> But it'd be nice to have a drag-n-drop GUI for that. :^)
>=20
> Does K3B allow creation of ISOs with drag-n-drop?
> (e.g., I can use Fish to view remote files over plain SSH;
> I can use other KIO plugins to view the insides of ZIP and TAR files
> as if they were regular files, etc.)
>=20
> I guess mounting ISOFS would be good enough for that, though...
>=20
mounting ISOFS is read only.
--=20
My key was last signed 10/14/2003. If you use GPG *please* see me about=20

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb

--/9DWx/yDrRhgMJTb--