[vox-tech] IDE cdrw/dvdrw

Seth Nagao vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 15:05:38 -0800

Pete,

I don't know about the ide-cd module, but I use is the ide-scsi module.
Then I specify in the kernel at LILO/grub prompt (or append in
lilo.conf):
hdX=ide-scsi

dmesg follows:
----
hdX: attached ide-scsi driver.
scsi0 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
  Vendor: TDK       Model: DVDRW0404N        Rev: 1.08
  Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

And using cdrecord -scanbus:
-----
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.25
Using libscg version 'schily-0.8'.
scsibus0:
        0,0,0     0) 'TDK     ' 'DVDRW0404N      ' '1.08' Removable
CD-ROM
        0,1,0     1) *
        0,2,0     2) *
        0,3,0     3) *
        0,4,0     4) *
        0,5,0     5) *
        0,6,0     6) *
        0,7,0     7) *

cdrecord dev=0,0,0 speed=16 -v cdimage.iso
Hope some of that helps.
--Seth