cd/dvd burning remotely (was Re: [vox-tech] IDE cdrw/dvdrw)

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 01 Apr 2004 14:20:54 -0800

The only way I can figure is to run the burning program(s) via remote
shell.  If you want to use a gui, e.g. k3b, it will need to be installed
on the remote computer, but it can then be run locally via X over ssh.
Of course, you need relatively high bandwidth to run X over ssh in
"realtime".

Also, it would be best to move the file(s) you want to burn over to the
remote computer first.  You /might/ be able to keep the files local if
you setup NFS or lufs, but you would be restricted to burn speeds as
slow as your network speed!

HTH,
Jonathan