[vox-tech] .ixi and .ai files

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 26 Sep 2003 12:50:54 -0700

On Fri, Sep 26, 2003 at 01:24:57AM -0700, David Siedband wrote:
> * ".IXI" (data only, so tiny). (Technical details: This binary format
> is exactly the same as the binary format used within the "alEf" hunk in
> the ".PNG" file format. This is because the same code is used to write
> it.)
>
> from
> http://aleph1.sourceforge.net/

Thanks for the link.  I'm thinking this isn't what it is, though.
This seems to be for generating fractals:

  "Aleph One is a highly sophisticated program for generating fractals."

The thing I'm looking at[*] is certainly not a fractal. :^)  It's a cirlce
with some text around the inside and outside, and a line-art picture of
a deer and a house in the middle. ;^)

I've asked the folks who sent me the file to try and track down what
the heck it is, and/or send me a PDF/PS/EPS of the logo in question.
SOMETHING other than the bad quality, un-anti-aliased JPEG rendition and
tiny GIFs I've gotten so far. ;^)

Sadly, the ".ix" image which I can load just fine is NOT the same logo
that I'm trying to clean up and use.  At least I can _open_ it, though. ;)

Thanks, though!

[*] Not the ".ixi" file itself, obviously.  I still haven't found something
    to open it.  But the other versions I've seen; GIF, JPEG, etc.