[vox-tech] Root partition resizing issue -- RESOLVED

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 24 Sep 2003 11:56:05 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to everyone who replied to me, on and off list, regarding how to
resize the root partition or what to do about a root partition that had
gotten out of control.

I had recently installed PostGreSQL as part of a large-ish project that
I'm working on for school.  I deleted the installation directories and
cleared up 46% of my hard drive.  The output of df -h now is:

# df -h
/dev/hda1             486M  294M  167M  64% /
/dev/hda6              25G  6.2G   17G  27% /home
none                  125M     0  124M   0% /dev/shm
/dev/hda7              99M  4.1M   89M   5% /tmp
/dev/hda2             4.8G  1.5G  3.1G  32% /usr
/dev/hda3             494M  170M  298M  37% /var

Does it make sense that the installation directory for PostGreSQL would
take up so much space?

Anyway, I should be good to install Java, Tomcat, etc. on this server.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry