[vox-tech] backing up DVDs (was Re: [vox] fair use / DVD questions)

David Margolis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:49:18 -0700 (PDT)

Jonathan,

I'd like to know more about this card.  I've seen USB 2.0 PC-Cards at the
various computer stores and always wanted to look into that for my laptop
I have an external CD-burner that works well (but slow) in my ThinkPad's
regular USB port.

If you don't mind and have time:

1. Which PC-Card USB 2.0 adapter did you get?
2. Run me through the basic setup (what module, config, etc.)
3. What was the _work around_ you mentioned?
4. Any way to test the throughput that you know of?

Dave Margolis