[vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 21 Sep 2003 11:43:58 -0700

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

On 2003.09.20 14:56, p@dirac.org wrote:
> roland smith, whom i met while googling shared a *wonderful* procmail
> recipe that catches windows viruses.  it's made my life bearable.
> here
> it is:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> # Broad antivirus recipe:
> #
> # It looks at the contents of attachments. The 2nd condition is the
> header of
> # a win32 exe encoded with the base64 algorithm. No matter how the
> virus is
> # named, that header MUST have this specific form, or it won't be
> recognized
> # by windows as an executable.  So every attachment that starts with
> # TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALg is a win32 program and a potential virus.
> The 3rd
> # condition is the string "this program cannot be run in MS-DOS mode"
> encoded
> # in base64.  It's there just to be sure, and avoid false positives.
> #
> :0 B
> * ^Content-Transfer-Encoding:.*base64
> * ^TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA//8AALg
> * 4fug4AtAnNIbg
> {
> 	LOG=3D"[virus: win32 exe]     "
>=20
> 	:0
> 	DUMP
> }
>=20
>=20
> just cut and paste into .procmailrc and your 99E999 swen viruses per
> day
> wil be placed into $MAILDIR/DUMP (or /dev/null if that's what you
> want).
>=20
>=20
> the guy had some good procmail recipes on his website:
>=20
> http://www.xs4all.nl/~rsmith/spamblock.html
>=20
> enjoy!
> pete

Wierdly, I haven't gotten any real copies of the virus since I started =20
sending them to .mail/probably-virus, but I have gotten copies of the =20
virus email with the .exe file already stripped from the message (so it =20
still shows up in my inbox just the same)

I know my procmail isn't working, becuase I just emailed myself a .exe =20
file from my windows partition and the filter caught it and shunted the =20
message off to .mail/probably-virus

My key was last signed 6/10/2003. If you use GPG, *please* see me about

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd

--ZPt4rx8FFjLCG7dd--