[vox-tech] the answer to all my virus problems

Rod Roark vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 17:44:39 -0700

On Saturday 20 September 2003 04:24 pm, Rod Roark wrote:
> On Saturday 20 September 2003 02:56 pm, p@dirac.org wrote:
> > roland smith, whom i met while googling shared a *wonderful* procmail
> > recipe that catches windows viruses.
> [snip]
>
> Cool.  I wonder if there's an easy way to get Postfix to
> notice these attachments at the front door, and drop the
> connection before all 150K or whatever have been received.

Bwahahahaha!  I found it!  From this Slashdot posting:

  http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=79337&cid=7013891

and your email, I deduced to create a file
/etc/postfix/rods_body_checks containing the following:

/^TVqQAAMAAAAEAAAA\/\/8AALg/ REJECT Emails containing Microsoft executables are prohibited from this server.

and to add this line to my Postfix configuration file
(main.cf):

body_checks=pcre:/etc/postfix/rods_body_checks

It seems to work.  :-)

-- Rod
   http://www.sunsetsystems.com/