[vox-tech] Odd ncftp bug

Bill Kendrick vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 17 Sep 2003 12:04:44 -0700

On Wed, Sep 17, 2003 at 11:27:34AM -0700, Micah J. Cowan wrote:
<snip>

> So then... not a bug, right? That's how URLs are supposed to work.

One thing that didn't make this apparent right off was that along with
a couple of FTP connections that failed due to the "%" being escaped,
there were a couple that failed simply because the password I was given
on a sheet of paper was (no longer?) correct.

So that threw me off the scent.  I saw that SOME had "?", SOME had "+",
SOME had "%", but that many of them worked, but for some reason, others
didn't.

That'll teach me to trust passwords written on a sheet of paper. ;)
I should've manually tried logging into ALL of the questionable ones,
rather than assume they were ALL failing for the same reason.
(What I thought was a bizarre bug :) )

Again, thanks. ;)