[vox-tech] backing up DVDs (was Re: [vox] fair use / DVD questions)

Jonathan Stickel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 15 Sep 2003 12:30:35 -0700

p@dirac.org wrote:
> On Mon 15 Sep 03, 11:50 AM, Jonathan Stickel <jjstickel@myrealbox.com> said:
>
>>Not too long ago I acquired a Sony DVD+/-RW drive and looked into
>>'backing up' a purchased DVD onto DVD5 media.  The best resource I found
>>was:
>>
>>http://www.doom9.org/
>

> nice url; thanks.  bookmarked.  here's something i found which may or
> may not be useful.  it's more reading than i'm willing to do ATM, but it
> seems to be from somebody's personal experience, which is valuable:
>
> http://fy.chalmers.se/~appro/linux/DVD+RW/

Thanks, but this is where I got dvd+rw-tools from already.  It is a set
of command line utilities for writing to dvd+r/rw.  I did read the whole
webpage, but the best I could do was blank +RW media with the tools.

Jonathan