[vox-tech] PHP MySQL Shell Script

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 2 Sep 2003 10:54:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Charles McLaughlin wrote:

> Thanks for all of your tips.  I'm calling this thing a shell script, but
> I guess it isn't really one.  By shell script I meant that it doesn't run
> through Apache.  And the GTK GUI is the main part of the program.  Since I
> really want the GTK GUI, I can't run it through Apache.

It sounds like you want to use HTML for GUI until you start on GTK GUI.
So you can use Apache until you start on GTK GUI, right?

[snip]
> But I have no clue if I'm
> using the CGI or CLI version when running it from the shell.

If php4's output starts with HTML headers ("Content-type: ...", among
others) then it's the CGI version.  If it doesn't, then it's the CLI
version.

> Is there a way to specify to PHP to use the CGI or CLI version -- perhaps
> they are two different executables?
[snip]

Separate executables.  Apparently.  This is new to me, too! :P

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/