[vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-boot system)

Richard S. Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:22:11 -0800

On Mon, 2003-10-27 at 20:16, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> I'm not sure what knoppix has the root password set to, but you can run 'sudo
> bash --login' for a root prompt.

I managed to get to root by doing "sudo su" in a terminal.  Then I
tried:

/sbin/lilo -r /mnt -u

and got this error message:

Warning: root at /mnt has no /dev directory
/etc/lilo.conf: No such file or directory

--
Slainte,
Richard S. Crawford