[vox-tech] BLASPHEMY (i.e., removing Linux from a dual-boot system)

Jeff Newmiller vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 27 Oct 2003 16:33:40 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, Ryan Castellucci wrote:

> On Monday 27 October 2003 03:20 pm, Trevor Lango wrote:
> > It is not necessarily a bad thing that LILO is still "lurking" on the
> > computer - you could simply re-configure LILO to boot Windows automatically
> > (assuming it is already booting your Windows partition with ease); i.e. you
> > would not be presented with a screen at bootup and you would not have to
> > worry about Windows not booting at all by altering your MBR. (I have had
> > many a headache with dual-boot where Windows refused to boot after mods)
>
> Does Microsoft Outlook now not properly quote the previous email when a reply
> is sent?

Outlook is a maze of twisty little passages with a deceptive facade and
irritating defaults.  It is possible to get almost-sensible results, but
not easy.

> That being said, I'm pretty sure it's not possible to reconfigure LILO once
> linux has been removed. However, if you know how to do it, please share.

The solution is merely a boot disk away, Ryan.  See the lilo manpage for
"-b" and "-C" options.  Hurrah for Knoppix. :)

                                      Live:   OO#.. Dead: OO#..  Playing