[vox-tech] win32 compiler

Mark K. Kim vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Tue, 21 Oct 2003 11:21:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Rod Roark wrote:

> Microsoft's official C++ development platform is Visual C++,
> or MSVC.  MFC refers to the Microsoft Foundation (C++)
> Classes, which comes with MSVC.  Yes you have to buy it.
[snip]

Hmm... I'm not sure if this is necessarily true.  Isn't MFC built into
MSVC runtime library?  And MSVC runtime library is available for free, and
freely distributable.  MinGW, for one, uses MSVC runtime library, though
it does not do graphics natively.  wxwindows, too, might be just a wrapper
for MSVC... I can't imagine why they'd want to write it all from scratch.
I also got a Borland compiler here that lets you use MFC or use a Borland
wrapper for MFC, though I guess they could've licensed MFC from MS.

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
http://www.cbreak.org/