[vox-tech] reading bitmaps in XLib

Julie Russell vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:37:40 +1000

Hi there,

I don't want to use SDL because my application needs to be a split screen
with one portion of it using xine to display movies, and the other being
drawable text or pictures. Xine wants to be full screen and SDL wants to be
full screen. Seeing using xine is not negotiable, and xine sits on an
xwindow, I made the xine screen a child window and the drawable screen a
child window which meant to use SDL I would have to make it sit on a
xwindow, which meant that its surface would have to try and get the handle
to that window, and it all became too complicated. Although x can be painful
sometimes, it's quite good. Anyway, I found some code for x to display jpegs
which is fine, so thanks anyway for clearing that up.

By the way, .au is Australia, you know, that country down under with all the
kangaroos hoping around!:) I have seen the O'Reilly books, they look good...

Thanks for all your help, I really appreciate it!
Regards,
Julie.

http://newbreedsoftware.com/tuxpaint/