[vox-tech] OT: DSL Filters

Marc Elliot Hall vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 17 Oct 2003 08:38:47 -0700

MB wrote:
> I have not used any of these, but I can imagine that they all work
> equally as well.  I could not tell from your diagrams that you had
> proposed using 2-line filters, but if you have a two line phone, then I
> would use a 2-line filter.

After due consideration of price, convenience, and aesthetics, I decided
to use a modular two-line to line 1/line 2 adapter for this... the
two-line filters ran in the US$13-US$18 range, while the modular adapter
was US$2.50. So, now my wall jack has an adapter plug on it with two
modular cables running to the phone with the line filter is on line 2;
line 1 is unfiltered; and everything works as it's supposed to. Although
it IS ugly :^(

Thanks for your input, though :^)