[vox-tech] OT: DSL Filters

Marc Elliot Hall vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:09:41 -0700

MB wrote:
> Have you tried searching the web for two line filters?
>
> http://www.twacomm.com/Catalog/Model_900LCC-2F-50.htm
>
> bottom of:
> http://www.2wire.com/office/adap_fil.html
>
> http://www.telephonestuff.com/Catalog/Jmp_Suttle/Dept_ID_302.htm
>
> This would solve your problem?

Yes, I have searched for two-line filters. Thank you for the links.
However, my question was:

>> I have a bunch of two-line phones; and I have two phone lines.
>>
>> Originally, my DSL was associated with my primary number. However, my
>> provider decided to stop doing the DSL thing, which prompted me to
>> find another ISP. To ensure seamless service, I activated DSL on the
>> second line and then cancelled DSL on the primary number.
>>
>> So, now I want to use my two-line phones with, get this, BOTH phone
>> lines. Unfortunately, although they have two pairs of pins at each
>> connector, it appears that my line filters (mPHASE Technologies model
>> DFMU2PL1001) do not pass the second line signal through to the phones.
>> Leaving the filter off allows me to use the second line, but
>> periodically disrupts the DSL service and results in a low
>> signal-to-noise ratio. I have tried different phone sets and different
>> filters to eliminate damaged hardware as the cause of this problem.

<much snippage of ugly ASCII art>

>> Has anyone else experienced similar issues with multi-line phones?
>> Were you able to resolve the problem without resorting to a filter at
>> the service entrance? Can anyone recommend a line filter that will
>> pass through signals on multiple pairs?

I'm looking for a RECOMMENDATION here -- not an unweighted link. Have
you used and do you recommend one of these products? Do you recommend
these vendors?

--
Marc Elliot Hall           www.hallmarc.net/quick_resume.html
P.O. Box 435