[vox-tech] OT: The Bouncing WAP

Richard Crawford vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 11:32:39 -0700 (PDT)

Chris Brick said:

> Have you tried changing channels?  Does it happen all the time or only
> when playing mp3s?  Is the timing of the drop predictable?

Haven't tried changing channels.  I'll do that tonight.  It happens all
the time, and it's fairly predictable.  Have five to fifteen seconds
passed?  Than it's time to bounce the connection. *grumble*  Sometimes it
does take a few minutes.

Interestingly, this only started happening after I implemented encryption
on my wireless network.

Sliante,
Richard S. Crawford

AIM: Buffalo2K ICQ: 11646404 Y!: rscrawford
MSN: underpope@hotmail.com
invisible to the eye." --Antoine de Saint Exupéry