[vox-tech] Re: sendmail configuration

Sam Peterson vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 3 Oct 2003 11:38:26 -0700

On Friday, Oct 03 2003, Adrian Kalaveshi spake thus:
> Hello --
>
> When I send mail (through sendmail), the recipient will get a header that
> looks like this:

> The problem with this is that certain spam processors reject this
> /invalid/ IP address.
>
> I have a dynamically assigned IP address (and am using dns2go).
>
> Can anyone enlighten me as to how I should solve this problem?

I'm no sendmail expert, but I remember something odd about the default
configuration for RH with sendmail, something about a DNS
configuration so sendmail works on laptops that don't always have an
Internet connection with DNS available.

Try posting your /etc/mail/sendmail.mc.

| sam -- Programmer I                                                |
| University of California, Davis : Hart Interdisciplinary Programs  |