[vox-tech] User with root privileges

Trevor Lango vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 20 Nov 2003 15:53:41 -0800 (PST)

--0-117336801-1069372421=:90139

>"Mark K. Kim" <markslist@cbreak.org> wrote:
> There's no swapping of UIDs. It's *adding* a username to a UID. It's a
> common practice and it shouldn't break anything on a system.

On my SuSE box, I can make any user a member of the group "root" and they will have full privileges.

--0-117336801-1069372421=:90139

<DIV><B><I>&gt;"Mark K. Kim" &lt;markslist@cbreak.org&gt;</I></B> wrote:</DIV>
<DIV>&gt; There's no swapping of UIDs. It's *adding* a username to a UID. It's a<BR>&gt; common practice and it shouldn't break anything on a system.<BR></DIV>
<DIV>On my SuSE box, I can make any user a member of the group "root" and they will have full privileges.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
--0-117336801-1069372421=:90139--