[vox-tech] XLib and GC

Henry House vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:28:01 -0800

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

P=E5 m=E5ndag, 03 november 2003, skrev Julie Russell:
> Hi Everyone,
>=20
> I am programing in Xlib on SuSE 8.2. I have two child windows, of which o=
ne
> has scrolling text and the other is diplaying jpegs using libjpeg librari=
es.
> They screens work independently of eachother, ie, the images show on one
> window and the text scrolls (implemented in a thread using common c++
> libraries) continuously on the other screen, but when I show them at the
> same time, the text scrolls for one repitition, then dies. My suspicion is
> that it is something to do with the graphics context, however they create
> their own graphics contexts so I don't see how they can get confused... A=
ny
> ideas? I would apprecite some advice.

Hmm, that description is a little vague. Some sample code might help. How
does the scrolling text "die"?  Does the text widget work properly when the
jpeg widget is disabled (try commenting it out the code to load the image)?

--=20
Henry House
The unintelligible text that may follow is a digital signature.=20
See <http://hajhouse.org/pgp> for information.  My OpenPGP key:
<http://hajhouse.org/hajhouse.asc>.

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc

--C7zPtVaVf+AK4Oqc--