[vox-tech] Linux graphing software?

dylan vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Thu, 29 May 2003 22:29:24 -0700

Yeah -- ploticus is a lot of fun to play with... wish i had more reasons to
use it...

http://fungus.ucdavis.edu/weather/       <-only place i have found to use it
(sort of...)

here is the ploticus script that i used to make the weekly plot:

-------snip------------------

#proc page

#proc getdata
file: temps.data
fieldnames: datetime airtemp soiltemp solar

#proc areadef
rectangle: 1 1 6 3
xscaletype: datetime mm/dd/yy
xautorange: datafield=datetime
xaxis.label: Date
xaxis.stubs: inc 1 day
xaxis.stubformat: MMMdd
yaxis.label: Temp (C)
yaxis.stubs: inc
#yrange: 0 100
yautorange: datafields=airtemp

//plot the air temp
#proc lineplot
linedetails: color=blue width=.5
xfield: datetime
yfield: airtemp
legendlabel: air temp

//plot the soil temp
#proc lineplot
linedetails: color=green width=.5
xfield: datetime
yfield: soiltemp
legendlabel: soil temp

#proc areadef
rectangle: 1 1 6 3
xscaletype: datetime mm/dd/yy
xautorange: datafield=datetime
xaxis.label: Date
xaxis.stubs: inc 1 day
xaxis.stubformat: MMMdd
yaxis.label: Solar Radiation (Watts/sq.meter)
yaxis.labeldistance: -0.6
yaxis.stubs: inc
yautorange: datafields=solar
yaxis.location: 6,0
yaxis.stubdetails: adjust=0.5,0 align=R
//yaxis.stubdetails: adjust=0.3,0 align=L

//plot the solar radiation
#proc lineplot
linedetails: color=red width=.5
xfield: datetime