[vox-tech] CD writer suggestions?

Darrick Servis vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 21 May 2003 12:40:40 -0700

I have a TDK VeloCD which I just bought at Fry's on Rebate so it was real
cheap in the end ($39).  Haven't figured out how to update the firmware.
Other then that it works well.

I also have Plextor 12/10/32 which didn't mount discs until after I updated
the firmware.  It works well too.

Just get a Writer with burn protection, check to see if there are utilities
for linux to update the firmware.

To ease your install pain easiest way to set it up is put ide-scsi=/dev/hdx
for your boot options.  You'll need the (SCSI GENERIC) sg.o (SCSI) scsi.o and
ide-scsi.o modules installed.

Then cdrecord --scanbus