[vox-tech] Conversion

Ken Bloom vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Mon, 19 May 2003 18:09:46 -0700

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

On 2003.05.19 13:41, Richard Crawford wrote:
> Hypothetically speaking, how difficult would it be to switch an
> existing
> RH box to Debian?  Assuming, of course, that all of the home
> directories
> and downloaded extra software live on different partitions than
> root...
>=20

I switched from Mandrake to Debian about 9 months ago. I saved my home=20
directories, and I saved my fat partition, and blasted everything else=20
away. About the only things I had to reconfigure in the home directory=20
were new pixmap paths in windowmaker, so it wasn't too painful.=20
(Barring systemwide settings that I just completely blew away and then=20
retyped into debconf frontents, but even those weren't horribly painful)

--=20
Fingerprint: D5E2 8839 6ED3 3305 805C  941F 9476 A9BD E2B2 CAD1
The key is keyID E2B2CAD1 on pgp.mit.edu
--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT

--X1bOJ3K7DJ5YkBrT--