[vox-tech] Arggh...VIA KM266 = unsupported AGP GART

D & E Radel vox-tech@lists.lugod.org
Sat, 17 May 2003 10:12:05 +1200

Hi there,

I am having trouble getting my AGP port working with kernel 2.4.20 and VIA
KM266. I have enabled AGPGART and VIA AGP, but still get this message.
My ATI Radeon drivers complain that they cannot init agp.

dmesg says:
>    Linux agpgart interface v0.99 (c) Jeff Hartmann
>    agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 203M
>    agpgart: Unsupported Via chipset (device id: 3116), you might want to
>          try agp_try_unsupported=1.
>    agpgart: no supported devices found.

Do I need a newer kernel? My KM266 is not exactly the most new of devices.
I am not sure what to do here. Please help.

My previous agp card was an NVidia, which seemed to work just fine.

Thanks in advance,
Dietrich